TIME FOR TRUFFLE & GOLF IN PIEDMONT
Now is the time to discover the fragrant aroma of truffles in Piedmont and take advantage of the quality golf
Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
The Piedmont region is famous for the rare and over-expensive white truffles, which are harvested in the September-November period exclusively in the small hilly UNESCO site of Langhe-Roero and Monferrato.
They are longed-for by award-winning Chefs from London, Paris, New York and Tokyo, to mention just a few of them. White truffles are traditionally served according to a special ritual: they are weighed before the meal and then paid as a function of the consumed grams.
White truffles are therefore always paid weight-based apart from the rest. This “edible white gold” well combines with the ruby-colour noble wines of this area, namely Barolo, Barbaresco and Nebbiolo.
While Langhe is almost totally devoted to growing grapes, with practically every hillside covered with vines, the landscape changes we you enter Roero. Vines are still cultivated here - excellent white wines are made from the local Arneis and Favorita grapes - but the panorama is far more varied, ranging from dense woods and forests that hide elusive truffles and wild mushrooms, to fields planted with crops and grazing land for cattle.
· Check in at "Turin Palace Hotel" in Double room, Bed & Breakfast
· Welcome cocktail & dinner in the "Les petites madeleines" restaurant of the hotel
· Green fee at Royal Park i Roveri on the Trent Jones Sr. Course
· Visit to the Tenuta Roletto winery (see: www.tenutaroletto.it), which includes aperitif with piedmont wine and local appetizer, afterwards dinner (with wine and truffles not included and on demand)
· Truffle hunting with dog
. Tasting of local products and typical wine
. Free visit to the “Alba Truffle fair“ (see: www.fieradeltartufo.org) (from 06th October to 25th November)
· Green fee at Royal Park i Roveri on the Pramerica Course
· Dinner at the Golf Club Restaurant
· Green fee at Golf Club Torino la Mandria ( except weekend)
· Dinner by "Giovanni" restaurant ( see: www.ristorantegiovanni.it
Please fill in the Request Form, we will tailor your holiday and get in touch with you as soon as possible.